on the English language pages of this website!
christians, regardless of their denominational affilication, are
welcome to worship with us and to receive communion.
live in full communion with the Anglican and Episcopalian
emphasizes catholic liturgy, biblical preaching and both
traditional hymns and gospels.
parish is part of a independent catholic reform church: our name
acknowledges the diversity and the essential teaching and
institutions of the christianity during the first millenium, the
german called “old church”.
a part of the “Catholic Diocese of the Old Catholics in
Germany” we arrange our ecclesiastical life within the given
rules in own responsibility. We take especially care for the
services, for a lively community and for the deepening and for the
pass on of the faith, which is based in Jesus Christ and his act
on critical examination of the historical witness of early
Christianity, the leaders of the Old Catholic Church developed an
episcopal, synodal church structure, which incorporates the
apostolic episcopal and priestly offices into democratic
structures at all levels.
make our catholic renewal visible, we add the completion
“Reformcatholics” in brackets to our name, because
many people misunderstand “Old Catholic” as very
of the congregation
the First Vatican Council (1870), congregations of Catholic
Christians formes through German-speaking countries, whose
conscience prevented them from accepting the new dogmas of the
Pope’s infallibility and his jurisdictional primacy and who
retained their previous beliefs.
a prelude as a ”Committee for supporting the catholic reform
movement” our parish was founded in 1873 through Rev. Otto
Hassler (Erlangen), Friedrich Niedermaier and Adolf Streng (both
parish with own priest-in-charge in Nuremberg.
acknowledgement as a public corporation by bavarian government.
- 1944 service in St. Martha (reformed Church) and in St. Moritz
- 1950 service in different places in the destroyed city
- 1975 service in St. Peter’s lutheran Chapel
- 2006 service in a house chapel combined with a hall, errected
with the generous help from St. Brelade’s Anglican Church on
in Landauerchapel in city centre
of the Church building “Landauerchapel”
started 1506 (Architect Hans Beheim the older) with original
equipment from Dürer, Riemenschneider and Hirsvogel, seated
for 80. 1507 consecrated as All Saints Chapel of a charity
foundation of Matthew Landauer for twelf poor craftsmen combined
with house and workshop. 1806 used as art exhibition room and
later as part of a school, 1944 damaged in Second World War, 1956/
57 restored with modern furniture next to the new
Rudolf-Willstätter-School, and sometimes used for small
school prayer meetings and little concerts. Since 2006 on sundays
in use as parish curch for our congregation.
live in full communion with the churches of the anglican
Anglican church is a large, world-wide communion. Thirtyseven
independent churches are united in the Lambeth Conference, which
meets every ten years under the leadership of the Primate of
first ecumenical dialogue between the anglican and old catholic
churches was started by Ignaz von Döllinger 1871 to 1875.
1883, the Synod of the German Old Catholic Church passed a
resolution inviting Anglicans to partake of Communion in Old
1925, Anglican orders were recognised by the Church of Utrecht and
the International Bishop’s Conference.
agreement of Bonn between the Church of England and all Old
Catholic Churches belonging to the Union of Utrecht was proclaimed
theological discussion between the two partners revealed agreement
in all essential articles of faith: the four points of the
“Lambeth Quadrilateral” from 1888 were decisive: Holy
Scripture, the principal sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion,
the Nicene Creed and the Historic Episcopate.
that the Bonn Agreement is based on three statements:
Each Communion recognizes the catholicity and independency of the
other and maintains its own.
Each Communion agrees to admit members of the other Communion to
participate in the Sacraments.
Full Communion does not require from either Communion the
acceptance of all doctrinal opinion, sacramental devotion or
liturgical pratice characteristic of the other, but implies that
each believes the other to hold all essentials of the Christian
churches belonging to the Union of Utrecht are now in full church
and sacramental communion , including mutual recognition of
orders, with the 37 churches of the Anglican Communion.
Union of Utrecht is represented in the Lambeth Conference and in
the Anglican Consultative Council (ACC).
Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of the Old Catholic in Germany is
as well Honorary Assistant Bishop of the Anglican Diocese
Gibraltar in Europe (CofE)
Bishop of the Anglican Diocese Gibraltar in Europe (CofE) is as
well Honorary Assistant Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of the Old
Catholic in Germany
form and content of this agreement is an ecumenical model, which
shows how mutual open invitations to Communion can lead on to full
intercommunion between churches.